Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal. Sound good so far?
Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines is looking for a proactive and trustworthy Purchase Ledger Assistant to join our Finance Team.
The Purchase Ledger Assistant will be responsible for accounts administration duties, documentation management, data entry and all invoicing.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Setting up new suppliers on our accounts system
- Data entry of all supplier invoices on Purchase Ledger
- Working with procurement to ensure invoices and POs are matched
- Undertake supplier reconciliations to the ledger
- Compiling reports for the Finance Team
- Supporting Finance and Accounts Team with the month end process
- Assisting with purchase ledger queries
- Credit Card Invoices
- General admin and accounts duties
- Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- Observe and comply with all company policies and procedures and for Health and Safety at Work
- Observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Solid administration experience
- Previous Finance/Accounts experience
- Financial systems experience
- GCSE Maths Qualification
- Working towards or part-qualified AAT
Skills and Behaviours
- Intermediate IT Skills, including Excel, Word
- Good financial acumen
- Team player
- Trustworthy and discreet with confidential information
- Flexible approach to work
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- Enthusiastic approach
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age.
Salary: In the region of £20,000 (FTE), pro-rata for part-time working
Contract: 6 months FTC, part-time
Working Hours: 10 hours per week, 5 hours over two days (working days are flexible)
Location: This role is based at our Culham site
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 040-2021 – Purchase Ledger Assistant
Closing date: 21 October 2021