Job duties typically include planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. The IT Operations Security Analyst is expected to stay up to date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches and use that knowledge to implement and maintain proactive cyber security systems. Whilst being at the forefront of the company’s efforts to protect its data and people The IT Operations Security Analyst must communicate any new or persistent cyber security threats in a timely manner and lead the coordination of cyber security training.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans
- Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
- Assist in installation of firewalls, data encryption and other security measures
- Recommending security enhancements and purchases
- Recognise patterns or inconsistencies that could indicate complex cyber attacks
- Preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect a network
- Perform internet penetration, network vulnerability assessments, patching, social engineering test/monitoring and IT security audits
- Maintain firmware and patching levels on all Infrastructure Hardware/Software
Information security management
- Help develop policies and procedures that enhance information security practice in the department and beyond
- Advise staff on best practice in information security and data management
- Work with the company to ensure compliance with the company information security policy
- Assist co-ordination of Cyber Security planning and wider communication for the company
- For Cyber Security, manage the project lifecycle from brief to proposal to plan through to transition to BAU
- Take part in the Department’s PDR process.
- Support the IT Infra Ops Lead and IT ServiceDesk Lead when necessary.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the level of the post.
- Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- Observe and comply with all company policies and procedures and for Health and Safety at Work
- Observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Knowledge of Windows OS (particularly all flavours of Windows Server), MS Office suites, troubleshooting skills and good knowledge of IT security related toolsets
- Analytical approach to problem resolution, a good team player and able to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to analyse malware and obfuscated code is desirable however not essential
- Knowledge of CVEs and recent security vulnerabilities
- Comptia+ Cyber Sec Analyst (CYSA+) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in Information Security with focus on Incident Response, Security Engineering, and/or Intrusion Detection
- Exposure to M365 and One Drive for business
- Experience with disk and memory forensic tools desirable however not essential
- Ability to analyse endpoint, network, and application logs.
- Experience with writing and tuning of IDS signatures.
- Experience working in Security Operations Centre and/or Computer Incident Response TeamProven knowledge of computer networks and common protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP, and etc
- A knowledge of the MS Azure platform or similar cloud experience
Skills and Behaviours
- Must be: Analytical thinker and creative (out of the box)
- Strong customer service skills with a history of assessing and understanding business requirements and therefore delivering excellent customer service
- Strong organisational skills together with a record of success in prioritising and delegating effectively, managing multiple work packages and a programme of projects
- Evidence of strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with both technical and non-technical colleagues, at all levels of seniority, both orally and in writing
- Self-awareness with a commitment to personal development and self-improvement
- Must be able to work under pressure with a willingness to take ownership of problems through to resolution
- Must be able to multi-task
- Good time management skills are essential
- Highly motivated individual and an enthusiastic learner
- Able to work out of hours on production equipment where needed
- Recognised experience of high-level system administration on Windows and Linux operating systems, preferably both
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age. We also offer dynamic working where employees split their time working from home and from our office in Culham.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 047-2021 – IT Operations Security Analyst